How Mail Forwarding Works
Your Own US Mailing Address
If you would like to receive regular mail, such as letters and magazines, in addition to packages, you can sign up for our PREMIUM (Package & Mail) plan and receive any type of mail correspondence. Your account becomes a convenient virtual mailbox!
We’ll notify you via email when we receive a mail item on your behalf. You can log in to your account and request shipment at any point in time. You can send us a shipment request from your account at your convenience. To transport your mail items to most countries we offer international shipping via UPS, ePacket, DHL and a few other carriers. A consolidated shipment with packages is also possible.
Service Options for Your Mail Items
Besides our shipment service, we provide scan, discard and shred services. As for scan service, we scan the document and upload the scanned file (PDF) to your secure OPAS account. Discard and shred services are for free of charge. Click on the link below for more details on the service fees.
How to Get Started
Sign up for OPAS PREMIUM membership plan (Package & Mail).
- Mail forwarding service is available for PREMIUM members only.
- If you are currently a FREE plan member, you can change your membership plan from Account Profile page.
Submit the necessary document and your ID through the online submission form.
- In order for OPAS to receive mail on your behalf, you must complete PS Form 1583 (Application for Delivery of Mail Through Agent).
- The submission form can be found in Mail Forwarding Service Option section under Account Profile page.
Customize the receiving and shipping options from your OPAS account.
- You can set your receiving Mail Forwarding Service Option section under Account Profile.
Have your mail delivered to your OPAS address.
- Your OPAS address can be found on Account Profile page.
- Please contact senders about your address change or submit a change of address form to USPS to make sure your mail will be delivered to OPAS.
- Mail with an incorrect or incomplete address may be returned to sender or delayed in registration at OPAS. (Your mailing address must include your 5-digit member ID.)
- Mail addressed to non-member will be returned to sender. (We will not receive your family members’ mail unless they are registered as your shared member.)
Your mail will be delivered to OPAS.
- OPAS will register your mail as an item and send you an email notification. (You can check your registered items from My Mailbox page.)
- Advertising mail and merchandise catalogs will not be registered but will be discarded.
Submit a shipment request.
- Besides shipping service, we provide scan, discard and shred services. Please click here for more information.
- You can log in to your account and send us a request at any point in time.
- Your mail items stored at OPAS will be discarded automatically after 60 days of storage if there is no contact. There is no storage fee for mail items.
- If you wish to combine your packages with mail items, please submit a shipment request for mail items and packages during the 60-day storage period.
- OPAS will calculate your shipping fee every time we ship to you as it differs depending on the weight, destination country and shipping method. Please use our Shipping Calculator to estimate. 10 regular envelopes weigh about 0.5 pounds.
Your mail items will be shipped.
- An email notification containing important information such as your tracking number and final charge will be sent to you.
Your mail items will be delivered to your shipping address.