eBay sellers are often reluctant to offer international shipping because of the extra time, cost, and risk associated with international bidders. But here are a few quick reasons why your sales will increase if you offer international shipping:
- 49% of the shoppers on eBay’s US site are located outside of the US.
- Drawing from this huge pool of international bidders will increase your selling price considerably. Even if the international bidders don’t win your auction, effectively doubling the bidding pool will practically guarantee you a higher selling price.
- Because international customers are conscientious of high shipping fees, they will often buy multiple items from a single seller to keep the shipping cost down.
So, why don’t more eBay sellers offer international shipping?
- “I can’t communicate with international buyers.”Actually, eBay and PayPal will take care of all the language translation and currency conversion for you, so you can receive payments from international customers just as easily as from domestic ones.
- “There probably isn’t much international interest in what I’m selling, anyway.”Actually, many common US goods are either not available in other countries, or are available at much higher prices. Moreover, international customers are often especially interested in US brands and trends. If you have a unique product, even better–where else will an international customer be able to find what you’re selling?
- “Even if my selling price increases, international shipping is too troublesome and not worth the time and effort.” Just instruct your customers to use a package forwardingservice, and you can process their shipment just like a domestic one! You can simply ship to a US address, and let the forwarder take care of the extra forms and customs documentation.
How to Offer International Shipping on Your eBay Auctions:
Just include a link back to our website explaining how package forwarding works and how to get it. You can use this HTML code in your auction to alert international bidders that you offer international shipping:
<!--Begin OPAS code to offer international shipping through eBay--> <p style="width: 400;">You can get international shipping on my auction! Follow these three steps:</p> <ol style="width: 400;"> <li style="width: 400;">Get your own US address from OPAS</li> <li style="width: 400;">Bid on eBay using your new US address</li> <li style="width: 400;">Ship to your new US address and forward to your home country!</li> </ol> <p style="text-align: center; width: 400"><a href="https://opas.com/ebay-international-shipping/"><img src="https://opas.com/Portals/19149/images/ebay-international-shipping.png" border="0" alt="ebay international shipping" class="alignCenter" style="display: block; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto;"></a></p> <p style="width: 400;">Sign up for package forwarding from OPAS to bid on this auction today!</p> <!--End OPAS code to offer international shipping through eBay-->
The code will appear like this in your auction:
You can get international shipping on my auction! Follow these three steps:
- Get your own US address from OPAS
- Bid on eBay using your new US address
- Ship to your new US address and forward to your home country!
Sign up for package forwarding from OPAS to bid on this auction today!
Once your customers have their own US address, all you have to do is take their payment through PayPal and make an ordinary domestic shipment.
Do you have a eBay store? You can take even greater advantage of package forwarding to reach international markets. Request a free international shipping consultation now to find out how!