Attention, OPAS members!
Black Friday and Cyber Monday are almost upon us, and there’s some things you NEED TO KNOW!
A savvy online shopper can save a whole bundle by shopping on these dates from November 28 to December 2, but if you’re not prepared, you’ll find that all your hopes for great deals are replaced with frustration of blocked orders, slow transactions, and sales that end before you can get your order in!
But if you are prepared, not only can you survive this chaotic shopping wilderness, but you can thrive!
Today and in our next installment, we’ll be talking about what you need to know!
- It’s never too early to begin preparations! As an international shopper, you have a number of hurdles to overcome – many of the best deals offered by merchants during this season, even online deals, come with “no international shipping” as a catch. So if you don’t already have one, get an account with OPAS! You’ll get a US address in the sales tax-free state of Oregon to place your orders with!
- Find some merchants to buy from! Sure, everyone will be pushing sales on Black Friday weekend, but how are you to know the best ones for you? There’s plenty of lists out there, on sites like:
- Find out the shipping status of the merchants you want to buy from! There are a lot of merchants that won’t ship to package forwarders! We call them Black List merchants, and we have a whole document listing them out, available for download. Check it out! Here at OPAS, we have methods to get around these blocks, including our Personal Shopper service!
Here’s our Black List document!
- Get a US Unlocked card! International credit card fraud is one of the biggest threats for merchants on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Even those that accept international payment methods will be watching for transactions where the shipping and billing address don’t match, and this could lead to canceled orders. Get a US Unlocked card with an address that matches your OPAS address, and be sure it’s loaded up! US Unlocked needs time to process your application for a prepaid US card, so be sure to submit sooner rather than later!
Here’s a link to US Unlocked that leads through the OPAS site. Use this link and you’ll get a discount on your US Unlocked sign up fee!
- Prep your credit cards! If you’re planning on only using your own payment methods to make your purchases, make sure your balance is paid down. We find many of our customers use prepaid cards to shop, so make sure you’re loaded up. If you’re using a credit card with a limited line of credit (another shopping method we find customers use for security purposes), make sure there’s no outstanding holds that could suddenly come due and disrupt your balance.
That’s all we have for today, so follow these helpful guidelines and email any questions to may have to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You’ll soon be prepared for the biggest sales events of the year in the US!
Next time, we’ll talk about OPAS’ specific policies for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, including how it will affect our Personal Shopper service.